Friday, June 4, 2010

A Food Journey through San Francisco


We had an amazing trip to San Francisco last week! It was so nice to get away from the stress of everyday life and just relax! Thanks to my parents for taking care of the kids while we were away! Since we both *love* food, here is a photo journal of everything (well, almost) we ate and yes, we did more than just that! I'll post more sightseeing pics later : )
I loaded all the pictures backwards by accident so, we'll start with the yummy desserts!

Above is the view of Alcatraz Island from the top of Coit Tower.


Cannoli and Eclair from Little Italy...delicious!



Macarons from Miette located in the Ferry Building.
There were OK, I thought they would be fantastic since I've been craving them for weeks and even tried making them myself. The texture was like a brownie and the taste was too delicate to detect anything : (
They look good though! We tried chocolate, chocolate lavender, vanilla and, pistachio.
The chocolates tasted alike and we couldn't tell the difference and the same with the vanilla and pistachio flavors.

Lombard Street - San Fran's crookedest street


Golden Gate Bridge at dusk


Kara's Cupcakes
I tried coconut and banana caramel - both super delicious, definitely a great choice. The only drawback was that they were $3.75 EACH!! (worth it!)


Beard Papa says they have the world's best cream puffs and it is so true! They make them fresh everyday and fill them right in front of your eyes! They are delicious and HUGE! We walked for an hour trying to find this little gem, the blisters on my feet were totally worth it!

Mood Thai Sushi
This place was so good we ate here twice!
I can't remember the name of anything we ate but it was all so delicious! I can honestly say I have never been somewhere where EVERYTHING on the menu looked good and the service was great!




Sushi is my favorite *LOVE*


CHINATOWN



House of Nanking
This place was featured on Food Network's Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels, it was good (I liked Mood much better).

Sesame Chicken with Ginger Glazed Sweet Potatoes


Excellent Pot Stickers - soooo good!

This is how they served hot tea, the glass was so hot!


Fresh fruit on the Wharf
This was the best fruit I have ever had! The cherries were amazing!



Breakfast at Boudin
This was really good! Scrambled eggs with tomatoes and peppers in a fresh sourdough breadbowl. Mmmmmm!


Best strawberries ever! The were meaty and so flavorful - I've never had a large berry taste so wonderful!


The Slanted Door
The food here was really, really good! The scallops were so good, I never thought I would use the word 'creamy' to describe them but that is definitely what they were - so fresh and good!


Caramelized Tiger Prawn - outstanding!


Claypot Chicken - amazing!
Kyle also makes this at home (I think his recipe is even better!)


Kyle's bread pudding with frest strawberries


The best for last
Here is my dessert from the Slanted Door - the BEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD...EVER!
Please do not judge this as I am describing it, you have to experience this, trust me, you will love it. It sounded so BAD, I had to try - it wouldn't be on the menu if it was horrible, right?
This was (from layered top to bottom):
candied yams
banana tapioca
avocado ice cream
lime meringue

We were able to enjoy all this great food and not gain any weight because we WALKED A BAJILLION MILES EVERYDAY - I had blisters on my blisters!! All totally worth it! : )

1 comment:

Daran and Susan said...

it all looks totally amazing! so glad you guys got to go.
Susan Butler