I've been dealing with a good bit of stress lately. Stress pretty much from my job. I've really come to resent living here and I'm not sure why, there are plenty of good things here but in my mind I can't shake the oppression of the area and wonder if this is the right place for the boys to grow up. This has really been affecting my moods and its hard for me to snap out of.
I've been letting things get to me that I shouldn't and been bringing that stress home to my poor husband. He told me the other day that I need to focus on all the good around me and not the bad, and its true, being a pessimist it is hard for me to see all the blessing that surround me each and every day.
I am in the early stages of trying to realize how blessed I am, I've decided to make a list of things I am thankful for!
1. A job - this one I need to be more joyful about...still working on it but thankful to have one none the less
2. A beautiful house in a safe neighborhood
3. 2 sets of grandparents and 1 set of great-grandparents close by for the kids to enjoy (and us too!)
4. being and staying healthy
5. 2 running cars
6. A boat so we can get out and enjoy the beautiful weather and go swimming
7. A husband who loves me
8. 2 wonderful kids that keep me on my toes and keep me laughing
9. Plenty of food in our kitchen
10. The clothes on our backs
11. my dishwasher and washer/dryer!
14. Green grass
15. fresh strawberries from the garden
16. green beans from the garden - ok, i'll stop my self on these and just say ANYTHING fresh from the garden!
17. fresh, clean air
18. The sound of my kids' laughter
19. snuggling with Jack after a long day
20. I'm thankful that God loves me no matter what, even when my sin makes me black as night on the inside, He can see past it all and loves me anyway.
There is so much more to be thankful for but, unfortunately that is all for now